- Q : How long does it take to register?
A : The registration on the website takes few minutes. You will receive the QR code email and instructions within few hours, once the onboarding process is complete.
- Q : Where is the data stored and is it secure?
A : The data is stored in a cloud database, within the Australian region. The data is encrypted at rest and masked with appropriate safety mechanisms to prevent unauthorised access. It is also transmitted securely over HTTPS.
- Q : How can I retrieve the data of all customers who came to my shop?
A : Please email your request to [email protected] with the subject line 'Data Request (Your Business name)' and the team would be happy to assist. Your email ID and the business name needs to match with the ones in our records.
The subject line should look like 'Data Request RecordMyVisit'
- Q : How long do you store the data?
A : We store it for 28 days after which we will delete the data as mandated by DHHS.
- Q : How much does it cost?
A : RecordMyVisit is a community project and hence FREE. We rely on donations to run the platform. Donation link can be found in the pricing page
- Q : How can I checkin if my phone camera cannot scan a QR code?
A : We support customers sending SMS directly. Please follow the alternate option on the instructions document displayed by the business. The SMS should look like '10000 Firstname' and sent to 0439 773 667.
- Q : How does a customer who did not bring their phone (or) do not have a mobile phone, checkin?
A : The business owner can scan the QR code on their phone, type in the Firstname of the customer, leave a space and then type the customer's contact number and send the message. Eg. The SMS should look like '10000 Sam 0412345678' and sent to 0439 773 667.